We have a role available for a Bitumen Tanker Driver to join our Team based in Napier. As an experienced Driver your role will be to operate the bitumen tanker, to deliver product and transfer bitumen safely and efficiently. To do this you will be confident driving in all conditions, you will have a clean driving record, be courteous and as a safety conscious, efficient operator you will know what good looks like when it comes to safety and demonstrate this at all times. This role will involve travel out of the area so you will need to be comfortable staying away from home regularly.
If you are looking for a change now is the time to take action! This is what we think you will need to be successful in these roles:
• Full clean New Zealand driver’s license, minimum Class 5 + DG (DG preferred but not essential we can put you through this training)
• Roading and Infrastructure, Bitumen operations experience
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself.
• A reasonable level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Be a reliable, honest and flexible team-player
This role is key in enabling our Teams to deliver on what we do best – roading and infrastructure.
Higgins are a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path building tomorrows New Zealand with people at the heart of what we do every day.
As part of the wider Fletcher Construction Group, we offer an Employee Welfare Fund, Share Scheme and an Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach educational aspirations. A career with Higgins can lead to opportunities for career development in the wider Fletcher Building business.
As an organisation we are passionate about the safety of our people and would expect you to be committed to a safety-first culture and be able to demonstrate this with your Team and join them on this journey
How to Apply
Ready for the challenge and want to align your goals with ours? If so, we would love to hear from you! Please apply directly online
Higgins: Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga