Stramit Building Products - A member of the Fletcher Building group is a major Australian group of companies including Fair Dinkum Sheds, Sol Home Improvements, Taurean Doors, and ShedBoss that supply roof and wall cladding, guttering, fascia, purlins, flooring, and structural formwork.
We look forward to you joining the team at Stramit as our new Business Development Manager - Specification. Based out of Maddington and reporting to our Sales Manager, you will utilise your background to:
- Maintain & grow established accounts & relationships with engineers, architects, and specifiers in WA and SA
- Contribute to the sales pipeline through specification of key products, driving increased awareness of Stramit products through CPD presentations and attending industry events
- Be the primary point of technical support in region – lead resolution of technical issues raised by the sales team and review technical documentation when required
- Identify & secure new business opportunities
- Ensure profitable revenue and GP growth
- Plan, manage and maintain data integrity in Salesforce CRM
- Maximise opportunities through effective time management, planning and call ratios
To succeed in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated engagement with engineers, architects and specifiers
- Familiarity with Australian Standards and the National Construction Code
- Proven background in a B2B sales environment
- Technical understanding of building products
- Experience with industry lead generation tools such as BCI
- Strong interpersonal skills - be seen as a trusted advisor to our customer base
- A passion for customer service and proven success in meeting KPI’s
- The ability to influence others in the achievement of business objectives
- Intermediate computer literacy with the ability to navigate CRM systems (ie. Salesforce or similar)
- Construction trade, or tertiary qualifications in engineering are advantageous
What’s in it for you?
- Travel for work – based in Maddington with the opportunity to travel to visit customers along the coast of WA and interstate in SA
- Tools of Trade – company car, laptop and mobile phone provided to be able to succeed in your role
- Corporate Discounts – Fletcher Building has a range of fantastic corporate discounts
- Learning Academy – an award-winning learning academy supporting your career development
- Progression – We are part of the Fletcher Building group with more than 5,500 people across Australia
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Please note: Our recruitment process will include a video & phone screen and a formal interview. The successful candidates also will be required to undergo a medical and drug / alcohol assessment and will be able to demonstrate unlimited working rights in Australia.