Our Australian Made Story
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home, our team spend their day designing products so that all Australians can experience life in beautiful spaces.
How this role will contribute to our Laminex future
One of our core values is Better Every Day. We’re going through an exciting business expansion opportunity & as such, we are looking for a Category Manager that is ultimately responsible for the profitable purchasing and management of merchandise in order to achieve budgetary performance targets and organisational objectives.
Key focuses & responsibilities
This is a hands on role that encompasses ideation to execution, so a broad range of experience is required and complete ownership with it.
- Drive overall performance of the category and company position to achieve budgetary targets and organisational objectives. Ensure category strategies, budgetary targets, stock management and relationships are aligned and contribute to organisational objectives
- Develop and implement Category Business Plans to enhance overall business performance and goals
- Keep abreast of all emerging trends, competitor activities, and gaps in the market place within the category to contribute to category growth and greater category awareness
- Assist sales team to improve their business performance through appropriate communication and support including the provision of category plans
- Work closely with the design, technical, procurement and sales teams where relevant
- Establish and maintain strong supplier relationships that mutually develop business plans, drive strategy, and deliver competitive pricing and range solutions
What we are asking you to bring to the team
This is an exciting role for someone to step into a critical position during a time of expansion and opportunity. If you have strong commercial and business acumen, are pragmatic, hands on and a self-starter this is for you! You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field or demonstrated equivalent experience, knowledge and skills in Category or Product Management
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills in managing your workload in a busy environment with conflicting demands
- Sound analytical ability and data skills. Demonstrated ability to calculate numerical information to perform specific job tasks (ie. gross margin, pricing, budgets)
- The ability to identify problems, gather facts, analyse and plan effective actions to solve problems
- Sound marketing and merchandising abilities
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an entrepreneurial minded business where we are constantly looking at ways to advance and develop in a forever changing landscape. With a team focused on innovation, development and success we are looking for someone to build our empire with us. In turn you will feel supported and empowered.
We commit to:
- Ongoing education and cross functional partnering;
- The opportunity to join a dynamic team and have a hand in truly shaping our region;
- Backing you and the vision you have for your career;
- As a work from anywhere business we are about output and ensuring you still have the time to spend with the family and friends doing what makes you happy.
If you are ready to Lead with Laminex and join our family at this exciting phase growth and are a proactive thought-provoking leader, you are encouraged to apply today!