We have opportunities available in our chip seal operation for people who are physically fit and reliable to join the Higgins “Green Team” in the stunning Bay of Plenty. You may be based in Tauranga or looking to relocate to this beautiful region – Come spend the summer here and it will definitely make up your mind!
What will you do?
What’s in it for you?
Higgins can offer you a role that will kick start a career not just another job that you will get bored in. It is a great time to be joining us, we have lots of exciting opportunities available in an industry that doesn’t stop growing.
And… If you are thinking about overindulging in the Christmas Ham, why pay for a gym membership when you can keep fit with us.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then this is what you will need in order to be successful:
• Chip Sealing Operator – Minimum Class 2 clean Driver’s License
• Roller Operator – Minimum Class 2 clean Driver’s License, WTR & experience operating PTR
• Previous experience within a chip sealing role and/or general labouring role
• Roading and Infrastructure experience desired but not essential
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself & your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the roles
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
• Open to travel away from home (minimal but will be required)
Successful candidates will also be required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug test and MOJ check
As part of the wider Fletcher Construction Group, we offer a range of initiatives and knowledge that you will be able to leverage off. We have a strong focus on continued learning and development and there will be a range of opportunities for you to take advantage of. As an organisation we are passionate about the safety of our staff and there is continued support for the initiatives you will be required to implement and maintain.
Higgins are a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path building tomorrows New Zealand with people at the heart of what we do every day!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga