We are looking for a forward thinking, business-minded Commercial Manager in this newly created role to be based in our Tradelink Head Office in Banyo, QLD.
In this role, you will have a significant opportunity to directly impact and be part of the growth of the business. Reporting to the National Commercial Manager, you will be a trusted, visible and accessible commercial partner, providing financial decision-making support, commercial insights and fact-based analytics that drive profitable growth
You will be able to demonstrate initiative and be a proactive and logical thinker with strong collaboration, coaching and prioritisation skills. You will work positively with other business functions within Tradelink to ensure all transactions are managed in accordance with the governance framework and business values.
You will have overall responsibility to:
- Provide commercial insight and analytics, ensuring appropriate challenge that supports business growth, pro active cost management and profit improvement
- Partner with key stakeholders including the senior leadership team and other members of the operational and sales teams
- Prepare analysis and conduct formal business performance reviews and drive a continuous improvement culture throughout Tradelink
- Produce new and leverage existing analytics to enable identification of key trends or issues and provide recommendations along with action plans to implement
- Produce effective operational analysis to identify opportunities for an improved cost to serve, share of wallet or product mix opportunities
- Recommend and highlight risks, opportunities and alternatives in financial proposals as required and identify and drive working capital optimisation initiatives
- Translate complex financial and commercial data into clear, honest and transparent insightful information to solve business challenges and enable fast, profitable decisions
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- A Bachelor Degree from a recognised tertiary institution in Finance, Accounting or Commerce and be CA or CPA Qualified
- Proven financial and commercial experience in a complex, diverse, multi-site business ideally within the building materials industry
- High standards of accuracy and precision with strong organisational skills
- Demonstrated expertise in the evaluation and development of business cases to clearly articulate the benefits of identified opportunities or projects
- Demonstrated business partnering experience and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to challenge and influence senior manager level stakeholders to manage costs and EBITDA accretive opportunities in a fast-paced environment
- Effective assertiveness capabilities to establish credibility and influence outcomes across the organisation
- Demonstrated emotional maturity and professional integrity and ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (e.g. Excel)
- Experience with Finance/ERP solution such as JD Edwards
- Knowledge of QlikSense or equivalent would be an advantage
Tradelink offers a close-knit team environment combined with the benefits of an extensive national branch network as well as the support of Fletcher Building - an international player within the building and construction industry.
With more than 200 retail branches and 100 showrooms across the country, we sell a high-quality range of bathroom, laundry and kitchen products as well as tools, parts and fittings. With 150 years in the industry, there's a reason we're Australia's trusted name in plumbing supplies.