Ask your friends, we’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australians became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home, our team spend their day creating products so that all Australians can make beautiful and practical spaces.
We want that for our people too. We’ve been busy transforming our customer service offering – we’ve centralised our contact team into a 70 head call centre, refurbished the bright offices (including adding some super funky Laminex inspired artwork by our very own Design Manager), and introduced incentive initiatives, awards, celebrations… and good cake. You can never have enough cake, right?
2019 brought us new eCommerce and digital platforms, world class workforce planning software, webchat and a shiny new sophisticated CRM. We have so much more in store for 2020!
About the Role
We are excited to commence the search for talented customer-leading professionals to join our team in February 2020, in the role of Customer Service Representative.
Reporting to a Customer Service Team Leader, you will be the first “port of call” for inbound customer queries related to brands and products, orders and deliveries among other unique requests. With over 60,000 SKUs in our product range, and a customer base in the thousands, this is a crucial role delivering winning outcomes for the most important stakeholders we have – our customers!
- Assist with customer queries and orders via the phone or email
- Data entry and systems management to ensure queries, orders and credits are logged efficiently and effectively
- Provide key information and insights to our sales, manufacturing and distribution teams
In order to hit the ground running, you’ll have the following skills and experience:
- Natural people skills and a flair for dealing with customers and colleagues
- Strong technical nous and proven attention to detail
- The ability to pick up software systems and business processes
- Exposure to a fast-paced/high-volume contact centre environment
- Respect for the Occupational Health & Safety practices ingrained in our organisational “DNA”.
Thorough systems and business training will be provided so you’ll be well equipped to reach “expert” status – both within our business and for our customers.
We’re a part of the Fletcher Building, with more than 20,000 people in 40 countries; the Fletcher Building family is a global community of people who use all of their experience, skills and individuality to do amazing work. With that, comes a lot of opportunity.
Come have fun with us!