Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
About The Role
We are undertaking maintenance activities as part of the Waipa DC Maintenance Contract, based at our Te Awamutu Depot. In this role as a Cyclic driver/labourer, you will undertake routine road/cyclic maintenance activities and minor road repairs. These works include boundary to boundary carriageway maintenance, emergency repairs as well as incident response.
What we are looking for:
• Full Class 2, W, T, R’s as a minimum – competent operation of small plant and machinery
• TC qualification as a minimum, STMS would be advantageous
• Be adaptable, flexible, reliable and an honest prepared to put in the effort to complete tasks to a high-quality standard
• Experience in hand laying of Asphalt would be advantageous
• Participate positively & actively, fully committing to the Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities, constantly looking out of yourself, team members and general public
• Reasonable level of personal health and fitness
• Ability to work well with others creating a positive and productive team environment
What we can offer:
• Competitive Hourly Rate
• On-going training, development and support
• Fletchers Benefits Programme – including discount health insurance, family scholarships and share schemes.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please apply online with your CV today.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa