Following the implementation of our new Transport Management System and creation of a central team, we are seeking an experienced and proactive Dispatcher to join us in the role of Delivery Services Planner part of the National Supply Chain Team based in Penrose, Auckland.
You will provide the vital link between our products and customers, planning and coordinating order deliveries from our stores to our customers. Your day will encompass schedule planning, monitoring jobs, and dispatching of trucks and resources for our Auckland branch network. You will work to continuously improve our delivery service through effective route planning and communication, driving DIFOT improvement with focus on cost reduction, productivity, and efficiency measures.
You will be dealing with a diverse range of people so a passion for building rapport is a must! Your outgoing personality and natural ability to attend to people’s needs are crucial to support and connect the team. You're the hub of the wheel ensuring the timely delivery of tasks while providing top level customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
Other skills and experience we will be looking for:
- Multi-tasking and juggling multiple demands are a key element of the role so you must be someone with a highly flexible nature to be able to keep up with the high pace and excitement that the logistics function requires.
- Your resilience and ability to think logically even when under pressure will certainly come in handy in this ever-changing environment.
- You must be systems savvy with the confidence to pick up our systems and route planning tools quickly.
- Understanding of local transport codes of practice and sound geographical knowledge are essential.
- You will have relevant experience in the logistics sector always taking a safety-first approach in everything you do.
Our environment is stimulating with no shortage of challenges! Here, you will stretch your thinking to deliver tangible outcomes while being mentored by a strong leadership team who is keen to see you succeed and learn. As well as immersing yourself in a supportive team environment, this is a pivotal role so if you are up for the challenge and can hit the ground running, then we want to hear from you!
PlaceMakers is New Zealand’s leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. We employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 74,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.