About Laminex Australia
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Despatch Supervisor to join us join us at our Brisbane Distribution Centre in Murrarie. In this role, you will need to have excellent time management skills, strong leadership skills and the ability to prioritise work in a fast-paced environment. It's a great opportunity to bring your experience to ensure our customers receive their orders on time in full.
You must have strong leadership skills to manage a group of 20-25 truck drivers to complete both local and interstate deliveries, in addition to having good knowledge of the Brisbane inner and outer suburbs.
Key focuses & responsibilities will include:
Reporting to the Despatch Manager, you will support the despatch functions within our large warehouse. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Frontline management of despatch drivers and storeman
- Ensuring efficient and effective deliveries to Laminex customers
- Achieving KPI’s around DIFOT, compliance, and safety
- Contributing to the Supply Chain Excellence improvement program
- Oversee scheduling and fleet utilisation to maximise profitability
- Coordinate rosters, load plans and other operational issues on a day to day basis
- Monitor staff KPI's including delivery window targets
- Build and maintain an effective and successful relationship with the customer and all key stakeholders
- Responsible for managing site OH&S policies & procedures including injury management and reporting
- We are after the following experience, skills & traits:
- A passion and ability to deliver outstanding customer service and build great relationships.
- Prior experience managing the despatch function of a business.
- Computer literate and quick at learning despatch systems.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise tasks and operate in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to relate to people at all levels with a particular focus on understanding the customer needs
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to work autonomously.
- Commitment to Safety, OH&S policies and procedures.
This opportunity calls for a team play, leader and strict safety obsessed professional. You will be joining a close-knit team that will be there for ongoing support and to help develop your career further.
In return you’ll be joining one of Australia’s most dynamic and respected brands. We’re a part of the Fletcher Building Group, with operations in Australia and New Zealand. The Fletcher Building family is a global community of people who celebrate each other’s experience, skills and individuality to create amazing work. With that, comes a lot of opportunity.
Come and build your career with us.