We are seeking experienced Drainage Labourers who are keen to take the next step and work towards becoming registered drain layers to join our Drainage team based in Christchurch.
You will work in close knit team delivering technical civil drainage projects which will involve laying large diameter pipe working in deep trenches with significant de-watering and shoring. The right candidate will embrace this challenge and become and expert in their trade working under an experienced foreman who will coach and mentor them while also being supported through formal training to back up these practical skills.
• An experienced Drainage Labourer who wants to work towards learning to undertake all aspects of Civil drain laying.
• Hold a clean, full Class 1 driver’s licence with WTR endorsements
• Have some knowledge of ground conditions and de-watering will be advantageous
• Have a strong work ethic and be committed to the highest standards of health and safety
• Be flexible and fluid to changes in conditions
• Be physically fit, able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Be able to travel throughout the South Island
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive hourly rate including 1.5 overtime after 44 hours
• A great team culture where we enjoy celebrating our successes
• Unrivalled access to training, development and career progression
• Be enrolled with Connexis to gain NZQA unit standards
• Support and commitment in on the job training and working towards your Drain laying registration.
• A healthy pipeline of projects
Brian Perry Civil is a leading and award-winning New Zealand specialist civil and foundation contractor. As part of the overall Fletcher Building Group, we undertake a wide range of challenging civil construction projects throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific including piling, retaining wall and ground improvement works.
We are committed to providing a safe and drug free work place. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment. All applicants should hold NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.