Higgins (part of Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path building tomorrows New Zealand with people at the heart of what we do every day.
We have embarked on an exciting 3-year strategy to shift our EHS mindsets, belief and culture, with the audacious goal to be industry leading in keeping our people healthy and safe.
We are seeking an experienced EHS Advisor driven by a can-do attitude, someone passionate about transforming to a line led EHS culture, where people are empowered, well equipped and set-up for success.
You will work in partnership with branch management, teams and contractors, so building and maintaining trusted relationships and transparency with all levels of staff and our contractors is crucial.
As an EHS leader you will coach, guide and provide technical advice to management, contractors, and have boots on the ground to coach in the field.
So, if you enjoy fast paced, challenging and complex operating environments, with the opportunity to make your mark alongside great people where no day is the same, then this is the role for you.
This role is based in Palmerston North.
Move to Palmerston North (if not) and soak up the lifestyle of the Manawatū. It has all the essentials of a vibrant city within a rural landscape – a multicultural, family-friendly and creative community, excellent facilities and transport, with affordable housing and spectacular natural beauty.
The Role – you will have:
• A demonstrated ability to inspire and influence people
• 3 - 5+ years’ experience in similar role in civil construction or other high-risk industry,
• Ability to be an agent of cultural change and lead a modern EHS approach,
• Ability to deliver user-friendly, fit for purpose EHS resources designed around frontline users,
• A contemporary approach and skillset for good investigation, root cause analysis and risk management,
• Strong verbal and written communication, workshop facilitation and interpersonal skills,
• Sound conceptual and analytical skills, with effective problem solving and an inquisitive mind,
• Sound computer experience (eg Microsoft, Excel, Powerpoint and other),
• Technical EHS expertise and driving EHS performance improvement ,
• Demonstrated knowledge of legislation, its interpretation and practical application with employees.
What We Offer
• Competitive package
• On-going training and development
• Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme
How to Apply:
Ready for the challenge and want to align your goals with ours? If so, we would love to hear from you!
If you want to be a part of a leading roading and civil infrastructure company with Higgins and Fletcher Building, please apply directly online.