Stramit Building Products - A member of the Fletcher Building group is a major Australian group of companies including, Taurean Doors, Sol Home Improvements, ShedBoss and Fair Dinkum Sheds that supply roof and wall cladding, guttering, fascia, purlins, flooring, structural formwork and roller doors.
We are looking for an EHS Manager & Safety Champion to support the National EHS and Regional Business Unit Operations team in providing hands-on support at a shop floor level, as well as specialist advice and counsel on EHS matters. This multi-site role will have you “leading the leaders”, driving best-practice across manufacturing, distribution and sales, at differing stages of safety maturity and culture.
In this role you will:
- Be part of upcoming changes in the business’s safety focus and direction, you will Champion safety, to develop, create and promote governance through uniformity and consistent messaging requiring an engaging and supportive personality able to foremostly listen and be effective in your communication style.
- Always drive our safety in accordance to legislation, but you must be able to do so with not just compliance driven focus, but more so with FELT leadership by engaging workers so they come to work with the mindset of proactively supporting and improving safety across the business rather than a mindset of just being safe.
- Be supporting and traveling extensively to engage directly with nine of our Operation and Branch Managers to be behavioural safety change managers and drive significant improvements.
- Be responsible and accountable in conjunction with the Site Management Team’s for safety compliance as well as the achievement of site/regional and national lead and lag indicators.
- Be under the mentorship of the National EHS(Q) Manager, other National EHS Team Members, National Operations, National People and Performance (Human Resources) and will do the same with other regional safety resources at the branches and the Quality, Training and Safety Officers across the Metro sites to deliver consistent, practical and effective results across all sites in the assigned region.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in WHS/EHS
- Proven ability to positively influence the behaviours of others and elevate a culture of safety
- Solid training and facilitation skills
- Experience applying WHS/EHS best-practice processes in manufacturing and distribution environments
- Sound understanding of OH&S principles such as Hazard Identification, Risk Assessments and Auditing
- Can-do positive approach and proven experience of working in with teams to achieve shared outcomes
- A flexible, responsive working style, focused on the “why and how”
- 5Why/ICAM Trained (Bow Tie optional)
- Advanced excel and data management skills enabling you to extract relevant insights and trends from incident data.
Together we are part of Fletcher Building, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier. We manufacture building products; from insulation that keeps homes warm and dry, to cement, the foundation of built structures the world over. We operate retail businesses that distribute these products and many more to tradespeople right across the Tasman.
We employ 5,500 people across our Australian division; we know that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to promote engaged and effective teams who deliver exceptional results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.