About Laminex Australia
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role
Being one of Australia’s leading manufacturers in the building & interiors industry comes with an increasing number of environmental, health, and safety responsibilities & obligations. As a result, we’re looking for a proven professional to drive best practice as the EHS Leader of our Dardanup site in Western Australia.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide specialist counsel, advice and leadership involving the implementation of Environmental, Health and Safety processes and standards coupled with the management of all things EHS. We are seeking to appoint a person who has expertise in modern Health & Safety improvement processes, and a person who has practical environmental management skills and a proven track record in managing regulatory requirements in environmentally sensitive areas. The role at times will provide support to the other Fletcher Building Businesses within Western Australia.
Key focuses & responsibilities will include:
- Engaging & influencing operational stakeholders & managers across all levels of the site
- Driving an environmental and site health & safety awareness culture via established frameworks & tools
- Support and practical advice on energy improvement processes, management of environmentally sensitive areas and managing relationships with the Environmental regulator to ensure compliance with all site licence conditions.
- EHS planning & systems management with particular focus on ISO45001
- Interpretation and implementation of EHS legislation at a state level
- Ensuring the business meets and exceeds, EHS reporting & compliance obligations and responsibilities, particularly regarding environmental reporting to the regulator
- Leading and managing proactive hazard & risk management processes across all sites
- End-to-end injury management including Workers Compensation
- Leading and managing processes to ensure best practice in all environmental matters including energy and water usage reduction and other initiatives where appropriate.
We are after the following experience, skills & traits:
- 3 – 5 years engineering background - Environmental science capability being essential and a qualifications in Environment Engineering being highly desirable
- Understanding of applying WHS / EHS best-practice processes in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of relevant state & federal legislation
- Proven ability to positively influence the behaviours of others, and working in with teams to achieve shared outcomes
- Knowledge of incident investigation processes such as Root Causes Analysis or ICAM
- Advanced Excel and data management skills enabling you to extract relevant insights and trends from incident data
- A solid understanding and appreciation of HR, IP and ER issues
This opportunity calls for a team focused professional and we are in the rare position to open this opportunity up to engineers with 3 – 5 years of experience who have a desire to work in the environmental space. With training and support around the OH&S space you will thrive as the EHS lead who can leverage off their Influencing, counselling and negotiation skills to drive the EHS focus across the site.
In return you’ll be joining one of Australia’s most dynamic and respected brands. We’re a part of the Fletcher Building Group, with operations in Australia and New Zealand. The Fletcher Building family is a global community of people who celebrate each other’s experience, skills and individuality to create amazing work. With that, comes a lot of opportunity.
Come and build your career with us.