About Laminex Australia
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role
Being one of Australia’s leading manufacturers in the building & interiors industry comes with an increasing number of environmental, health, and safety responsibilities & obligations. As a result, we’re looking for a proven professional to drive best-practice based at our Murarrie Distribution Centre in the role of EHS Leader for Northern Region, supporting DC and Sales operations.
The role’s primary purpose will be “leading the leaders” with our site operations and sales team - providing structures, systems and processes as well as specialist counsel & advice on all things EHS, and ensuring we are meeting legislative requirements.
Key focuses & responsibilities will include:
- Engaging & influencing operational stakeholders & managers across all levels of the organisation
- Driving EHS and site safety awareness via established frameworks & tools
- EHS planning & systems management with particular focus on ISO14001 & ISO45001
- Interpretation and implementation of EHS legislation at a state level
- Ensuring the business meets and exceeds, EHS reporting & compliance obligations and responsibilities.
- Leading and managing proactive hazard & risk management processes across all sites
- End-to-end injury management including Workers Compensation.
- Leading and managing processes to mitigate the impact of DC operations on the environment, including energy and water reduction and other initiatives where appropriate.
We are after the following experience, skills & traits:
- Tertiary qualification in WHS / EHS, including EHS auditing.
- Experience applying WHS / EHS best-practice processes in a distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant state & federal legislation.
- Proven ability to positively influence the behaviours of others, and working in with teams to achieve shared outcomes.
- Advanced Excel and data management skills enabling you to extract relevant insights and trends from incident data.
Together we are part of Fletcher Building, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier. We manufacture building products; from insulation that keeps homes warm and dry, to cement, the foundation of built structures the world over. We operate retail businesses that distribute these products and many more to tradespeople right across the Tasman.
We employ 5,500 people across our Australian division; we know that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to promote engaged and effective teams who deliver exceptional results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.