Laminex Australia - A member of the Fletcher Building
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home, our team spend their day designing products so that all Australians can create beautiful spaces.
Reporting to the Reliability Leader we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Electrical Reliability Co-Ordinator at our Toolara site. You be part of a supportive team environment with a proactive approach to ensuring that the workforce’s health & safety is the number one priority at all times.
In this role you will:
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of electrical equipment to maximise production, underpinning the continuous operation of the plant.
- Drive improving operational reliability within the specific work area.
- Oversee electrical support and guidance to production and maintenance teams in all situations including: - safety, quality, environmental, planning/scheduling and maintenance, whether planned or unplanned.
- Ensure leadership support for the electrical team including coaching and development individuals and contributing to positive team building.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Track record in electrical trade and / or electrical engineering including proven ability to maintain plant and machinery with advanced levels of fault-finding.
- Strong experience in a Manufacturing and / or Mining environment.
- Proven maintenance experience in wood product manufacturing industry or industrial material processing plant is desirable.
- Sound knowledge and demonstrated experience in maintaining safe work practices within a team environment.
- Ability to supervisor teams while helping to develop their skills.
- Electrical trade qualification or electrical engineering degree.
- Certificate IV in Frontline management.
- Computer literacy and exposure to computer-based production recording and maintenance planning systems i.e. Mex system
- Strong equipment reliability experience with a continuous improvement attitude.
- Experience in developing equipment strategies as part of preventive maintenance.
- Previous experience in planning and scheduling would also be desirable.
Together we are part of Fletcher Building, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier. We manufacture building products; from insulation that keeps homes warm and dry, to cement, the foundation of built structures the world over. We operate retail businesses that distribute these products and many more to tradespeople right across the Tasman.
We employ 5,500 people across our Australian division; we know that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to promote engaged and effective teams who deliver exceptional results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.