What’s in it for you?
We are more than just a typical manufacturing plant. Over the years, we have become ingrained as part of the Gympie region community. You will join our Laminex workforce of more than 300 people, where you will become more than your job, you will become part of our extended family.
We are offering an outstanding salary package for this opportunity. Being one of the largest employers in Gympie, Wide Bay and Burnett, we present a unique opportunity for continued learning, career growth and job stability.
We are seeking a talented Engineering Leader to lead the Laminex Gympie Plant engineering team.
As the Engineering Leader you will apply your technical leadership experience to plan and execute the engineering capital projects and to identifies new engineering system technologies and opportunities to increase both the particle board and MDF sites operational productivity.
The role is based in Gympie, Queensland – a great opportunity to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Leadership of a multi-skilled engineering team and oversee the delivery of $10m - $15m capital projects against cost, schedule and technical measures
- Develop the necessary methodologies to implement world-class engineering processes and systems leading to improvement and reliability KPI target achievement
- Monitor maintenance activities ($10m - $13m) and external developments to identify possible initiatives and innovations that contribute to site performance.
- Management across full engineering lifecycle, including engineering estimation, planning, delivery and reporting
- Develop the annual and forward capital plans and execute capital allocation
- Degree level education in an engineering discipline or can demonstrate equivalent experience/training
- Exposure to modern Engineering & Maintenance disciplines. PC Skills, MS Office, MS Project.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work effectively within a group environment and with people across all organisational levels
- Understanding of project management principles and business management practices.
- Thorough knowledge of typical mechanical and electrical systems used in large industrial facilities
- Knowledge of wood panel manufacture or wood industry processes highly desirable, or material processing plant experience
Laminex Australia - A member of the Fletcher Building Group
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home, our team spend their day designing products so that all Australians can create beautiful spaces.
Together we are part of Fletcher Building, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier. We manufacture building products; from insulation that keeps homes warm and dry, to cement, the foundation of built structures the world over. We operate retail businesses that distribute these products and many more to tradespeople right across the Tasman.
We employ 5,500 people across our Australian division; we know that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to promote engaged and effective teams who deliver exceptional results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
Come and build your career with us. Apply today.