Fletcher Living is one of New Zealand’s leading specialist home builders. We are part of the Fletcher Building group of companies and we have a strong history and commitment to providing quality new homes as one of New Zealand’s leading residential developers and builders.
Why Join Us?
We have a fantastic people culture at Fletcher Living and as an organisation we focus on the things that make it so great to work here, even as we continue to grow and get bigger. Our priority is to make all our people feel welcomed when they join and feel valued as they continue their journey with us. Your personal and career development is also so important to us, we run functional workshops, regional sales coaching, people leader workshops and several professional development short courses. Did I mention that we like to have fun at work? There is always something going on at Fletcher Living, whether that is a sports event or family fun day, either on a regional level or a casual get together at branch level. We like to celebrate our successes and support each other.
We also have a number of employee benefits that are available to permanent full-time employees, as we are part of the Fletcher Building group of companies – these include access to the Fletcher Building Employee Educational Fund, FBuShare our global employee share plan, discounted Southern Cross healthcare, Fletcher Building Welfare Fund, and our lucrative Fletcher Building Staff Discount Card which will give significant discounts on some of the great Fletcher Building brands.
We have 5 locations. Head Office in Penrose, 3 Auckland branches and a Christchurch office. This role is based at our Auckland North branch, which is based in Westgate.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Manage and facilitate the development of a strong, proactive safety culture and safe working environment within Fletcher Living for all employees and subcontractors.
- Develop and support Managers, Supervisors and Contractors to implement, EHS policies, plans, systems and improvement programs to meet organizational EHS objectives, standards and legislative requirements.
- To develop and implement health & safety initiatives to ensure that the workplace maintains the highest professional health 7 safety standard and complies with all relevant legislation
- Broad understanding of the current EHS regulatory environment, with exposure to innovation and new trends/directions including from other comparable regulatory jurisdictions
- Ability to understand and apply risk-based EHS imperatives to the dynamics of a construction project/site
- Strong engagement influencing and coaching skills with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence outcomes with managers and staff at all levels of the business
- Success with promoting change and driving continuous improvement in EHS performance
- Ability to develop effective working relationships and from that platform, to coach and build high-performing safety leaders and teams
- A performance, results and success orientation with a commitment to achieving challenging objectives and delivering excellence
How to Apply
Please click on the Apply Now Button on this advert to complete the on-line form and submit your CV.