At Higgins, one of our core values is “Act with Care” which involves keeping ourselves, the general public and the environment safe and free from harm.
Our Health, Safety and Environmental professionals are central to this approach and we are now looking for a motivated Environmental Manager to join our Green Team, based in East Tamaki.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A strong and proven track record in all things Environmental, including legislative requirements and the development, implementation, management and monitoring of strategic environmental initiatives
- Robust understanding of managing construction risk and how this aligns with environmental management – you will promote best practice in all that we do
- Able to build and develop credible relationships with key stakeholders, regulatory authorities, suppliers, sub-contractors and project management teams; your strong communication skills and ability to influence will be second-to-none!
- A proven track record in successfully developing and implementing environmental management systems to address compliance and consenting conditions, whilst managing potential risks and hazards
- Provide strategy, guidance and support to assist the transition to a low-emissions and climate resilient business focusing on carbon reduction
- An understanding of operational challenges and proactively advising, coaching and offering solution-focussed outcomes - you will be a true partner to the business
- The ability to balance strategic, operational and leadership responsibilities (not always as easy as juggling balls!)
This is great opportunity to contribute and influence our continued success!
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Opportunity to lead and develop environmental management systems
- On-going training and career development opportunities
- Hands-on approach: get out of the office and spend time with the team and crews in the field
Higgins is part of the Fletcher Building Group which provides access to the Fletcher Benefits Programme, and unrivalled career opportunities in a Group comprising 33 businesses, across 40 different countries.
Higgins specialises in road and infrastructure design, construction and maintenance. Our teams are bonded by values developed from a family heritage of over 50 years of business success. With over 1600 staff, the Higgins team is currently involved in some of the largest road engineering projects in New Zealand.
Applications to be submitted online. Please click "apply now" to apply online.