We are looking for an experienced Excavator Operator to join our Brian Perry Civil team in Hamilton.
Why Join Us?
We think we have a fantastic people culture here at Brian Perry Civil. Our Waikato Branch is an award-winning branch, having picked up a raft of awards recently at the CCNZ Contractor of the Year Awards 2020, acknowledging our technical excellence and project delivery, as well as one of our own winning Trainee of the Year for the Waikato region! At Brian Perry Civil, you can expect the following:
- A great team culture where we enjoy celebrating our successes
- A healthy pipeline of projects
- A competitive hourly rate, a minimum of 40 hours guaranteed per week, then overtime after 44 hours per week paid at a rate of time and a half
- Double time on Sundays and Public Holidays
- Unrivalled access to training, development and career progression
The Role / About You
This is a permanent full time role working Monday to Friday. Our business is booming, and there is a strong pipeline of work too! We run a variety of heavy plant and equipment, so you’ll need to be comfortable operating anything from a 1.5 tonne trailer mount excavator up to a 30 tonne machine and sometimes even larger. We do a lot of drainage work, so if you have expertise in this area, it would be of real interest to us. Our crew are motivated and energetic, so you’ll need to have the mindset of being able to jump out of the machine from time to time to and help out on the ground if the team are in need. Here are a list of some of the skills / experience we’ll be looking for:
- An experienced excavator operator who has operated a range of machinery, particularly 12-20T excavator
- Hold a clean, full Class 1 and 2 driver’s license with WTR endorsements
- Knowledge of / experience with drainage / trenching projects
- Have a strong work ethic and be committed to the highest standards of health and safety
- Be flexible and fluid to changes in conditions
- Be physically fit, able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Have good communication skills, that will enable you to work with the Site Supervisor and crew to ensure the most suitable methods, work planning and practices are undertaken
- Your commitment to ensuring the highest standards of Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality management will be a strength.
Brian Perry Civil is part of the Fletcher Building group of companies and a leading and award-winning New Zealand contractor. We undertake a wide range of civil construction projects throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific with specialities including Ground Engineering, Pipelines, Structures, Marine, Industrial Services and 3 Waters design and construction.
Make a difference to our business and advance your career. At Brian Perry Civil you will enjoy the benefits and recognition of working for a well-respected business unit within the Fletcher Building Group. Along with a competitive remuneration package, you will also receive a range of employee benefits as Brian Perry Civil is part of the Fletcher Building group of companies.
Please click on the Apply Now Button to submit your CV and complete the online application form or to have a confidential discussion about your suitability, please call Natalie McCartney on 09 525 9000.