Stramit Building Products is a leading Australian manufacturer of steel building products including roofing, walling, gutters and fascia, purlins, flooring, structural formwork and roller doors. Stramit also owns three distribution and franchise businesses in the pre-engineered building market including Fair Dinkum Sheds, ShedBoss, and SOL Home Improvements.
About the Role
We have created an opportunity for a Fitter Machinist to join our team. Your role will be based at Rydalmere in Sydney and you will form part of our National Team supporting Stramit’s National Branch Network. There will be travel required, both locally and interstate. The purpose of your role will be to:
- Travel to our branches throughout Australia and perform preventative maintenance activities as per work orders coming from the CMMS - approximately 1 week per month
- Perform detailed measurement and reporting on Stramit and other products
- Develop business capability in mechanical and electrical
- Work closely with Engineering Technicians and Maintenance teams across all Stramit sites
- Provide breakdown maintenance and engineering services to Stramit’s manufacturing sites where required
- Assist in the selection, retention and supervision of suitable and reliable maintenance contractors
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Trade qualification as a Fitter/ Turner or Fitter Machinist – essential
- Mechanical maintenance experience – essential
- The ability to travel to various regional and metro Stramit sites as required
- PLC software & networking knowledge (Schneider, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley etc.) - ideal however not essential
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics as well as varied automation experience
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Information Systems
- Experience working with MEX or similar (CMMS program)
- Process improvement skills with analytical ability and strategic problem solving skills
Together, we are part of the Fletcher Building Group. Our Australian division employs over 5,500 people across manufacturing, distribution, sales and retail sites across Australia. We understand that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to invest in building engaged and effective teams who deliver great results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
If you want to work within a collaborative, results focused environment with a strong team spirit, and you have the above experience, please apply today! We offer a supportive working environment and a great career development platform, both within Stramit and across the wider Fletcher Building Group.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.