PlaceMakers is a dynamic, interesting and fast paced environment to work in. We also happen to be one of New Zealand's leading and largest suppliers of building materials and a very successful business unit within the wider Fletcher Building Group. With our national reach, we are proud of our commitment to bring better value and innovative solutions to our customers.
PlaceMakers Mt. Maunganui continues to reinforce its strong reputation in the market and is looking for a maternity leave cover for the Pricing Estimator role. This fixed term role (maternity leave cover) until end of May 2020 is integral to ensure that we maintain the delivery of quality service to our valued trade customers.
Reporting to the Pricing Manager and working alongside other estimators in the team, you will be responsible for helping facilitate the sales process and provide efficient, accurate and competitive quotes to our customers. You will be interpreting contract documents and provide the sales team with superior support, thus enabling them to win work. Our motto is that nobody is easier to do business with so your goal is to deliver outstanding service and solutions in your role by building strong rapport with internal and external stakeholders and acquiring a thorough understanding of customer requirements.
Why work for us?
Being part of PlaceMakers Mt. Maunganui means joining a passionate team focused on service excellence, delivering results and celebrating success. You will be surrounded by colleagues with a strong work ethic and a great mix of experience to support you and ensure that you are provided with the knowledge and tools to be able to perform the role to the best of your abilities.
Skills and experience we will be looking for:
- Previous sales coordination experience ideally within the building industry
- Knowledge of building products and the ability to read and interpret plans are likewise essential
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy as well as solid time management skills
- You will have a positive attitude, eager to learn at a fast pace, and enjoy working with a cohesive and successful team
- Effective communication skills are critical; you will be confident in communicating with stakeholders at all levels and be able to adapt your style to suit different customers.
- Good computer skills and ability to pick up new systems quickly. Previous experience with ACE and BuildIt or similar software will be advantageous
If you are up for the challenge and are available immediately then we want to hear from you! This is an awesome opportunity to expand your skills and kick start your career as part of a well-regarded business that continuously strives to be the best building partner in the market!
Please note - A pre-employment medical/drug assessment is required. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.