Fletcher Reinforcing, the Hidden Strength at the Heart of New Zealand's Building Environment – supplies reinforcing steel and reinforcing mesh that provides greater strength to concrete foundations and structures. We are home to 100% New Zealand-made reinforcing steel and mesh products lending a hand to virtually every major construction project in New Zealand.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Placing Foreman to join Reinforcing site in Mt Wellington. Reporting into the Placing Manager this position will focus on providing safety and leadership across the Steel Fixing team and ensure fabrication requirements are completed safety in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
We are looking for an engaging and empathic leader with strong communication skills and a proven track record in people leadership in a similar environment. This role is hands on, so you will be on the floor ensuring we are delivering our Service Promise to our customers and achieving specific targets.
• Lead from the front and take responsibility of your team’s performance
• Steel fixing knowledge / experience
• Strong attention to detail is a must!
• Have at least 3-5 years infrastructure experience
• Be an autonomous leader who values team contribution and development
• 100% commitment to health and safety
• Have excellent communication skills and ability to train and develop your team
• Good computer literacy – competent in MS Office
• Excellent compensation package and career development opportunities
• Great team culture & environment
• Full support from a positive and highly engaged management team
• Opportunity to gain from the many Fletcher Building employee benefits
If this sounds like you please apply by the links provided.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.