Want to work like a freelance designer? But want job security too? Well we have the ticket for you.
Fletcher Building is a company with a celebrated history which started in New Zealand over 100 years ago. With around 17,000 people, the Fletcher Building family is a community made up of people who use all of their experience, skills and individuality to do amazing work.
We are looking for an experienced Graphic Designer to join our in-house marketing team to support various Fletcher Building business units with their design needs. Based in our national office in Penrose and reporting to the Senior Designer, you will be working independently but still part of a larger design team. Key responsibility will be creating new design concepts, graphics, and layouts for both digital and print marketing for different brands across the Fletcher Building group such as PlaceMakers, Mico Plumbing, Fletcher Steel, Iplex, Humes, Fletcher Concrete, and Snappy.
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- You will have solid graphic design experience within multiple channels and a strong design portfolio that demonstrates diversity of design and skill.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Software (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop at minimum), Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook at minimum), HTML5 Web banner creation (Google Web Designer or Adobe Edge Animate), Web design, HTML coding skills an advantage, Video editing skills an advantage (Premiere Pro)
- Ideally having both in-house and agency experience, we are after someone who can cope with pressure in the creative environment and keep a positive attitude.
- You will need to be good at prioritising your workload, whilst maintaining versatility and flexibility.
- You will have a willing and proactive approach to produce fresh crisp designs with ease as well as the ability to innovate and evaluate alternative design options.
- You will have key attention to detail and be meticulous in everything you do – able to follow and understand brand guidelines closely but still use your own creative design flair.
- You will be familiar with quoting, tracking hours, creating invoices and billing.
- Actively seeking out new contacts and networking to create ongoing business is a process you’re confident with.
- You will be confident in working independently and are a self-starter.
What’s in it for you?
This is truly a unique opportunity to expand your talents and get your creative juices oozing while delivering designs for iconic brands and help shape brand success. This role offers you the autonomy and flexibility while you get the job security and professional development you have been looking for! Our company culture is laid back but energised with a group of innovative and collaborative people that are focused on creating better solutions and improving our service offering. You will have access to staff benefits and great buying privileges, plus you will be working in our conveniently accessible Fletcher Building campus which has its own café and a free parking space too!
We’re looking for people who share our passion so if you thrive in a busy creative digital environment, please apply online and include your creative portfolio in your application!