Fletcher Insulation, a member of the Fletcher Building Group sits alongside trusted names in the building and construction industry including Laminex, Tradelink, Iplex Pipelines & Stramit. Fletcher Insulation supplies a number of iconic brands including Pink Batts®, Permastop and Sisalation to the building industry.
As Fletcher Building Australia focuses on growth and expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, high calibre Group Commercial Manager, Finance to join our team in Fletcher Insulation.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This is a key role reporting directly to the Fletcher Building Australia Divisional CFO and will partner and support the General Manager of Fletcher Insulation.
You will be responsible for the leading, planning and controlling of the commercial management function for the Fletcher Insulation business, ensuring the provision of accurate and cost effective commercial decision support to the business. In addition, this role will provide leadership and management to a team across AR, AP, Factory Accounting and Financial Accounting.
The role requires an experienced Commercial Manager with demonstrated experience in the achievement of longer term strategic goals and objectives at a Business Unit, Divisional and Corporate level.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide commercial finance business partnering support to the Divisional CFO and General Manager
- Manage the overall budget in conjunction with the General Manager and the Senior Leadership Team
- Establish and develop financial targets, including development of the long-term business plan
- Lead strategic financial analysis for decisions related to operations ensuring full transparency of costs and non-financial implications
- Identify and drive measurable cost improvement opportunities, and actively contribute to improvement projects and initiative.
- Performing financial simulations, costings, estimates and evaluations of business cases
- Drive a robust annual budget and periodic forecast process
- Prepare, publish and perform analysis of financial KPI data, and transferring this knowledge to relevant stakeholders in order to promote understanding.
- Lead and manage a diverse team of financial and commercial professionals, encouraging an inclusive and accountable culture.
- Lead strategic financial analysis for decisions related to operations ensuring clear and full transparency of costs and non-financial implications
- Analyse competitors and the wider market, to ensure strategy relevance and to unlock potential market opportunities
- Support compliance and best practice across the business and continually review existing policy, process and procedures in a drive towards best practice financial management
- Alignment to Fletcher Building company values and a total commitment to health and safety.
To be successful you need to be a commercially minded business partner with a thirst for driving change and influence across the Senior Leadership Team. In addition, you will:
- be comfortable working at both an operational and strategic level and will need to be able to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously;
- hold appropriate professional qualifications (CA, CPA or equivalent relevant non-accounting qualification i.e. MBA) coupled with substantial experience in a similar leadership role;
- have strong communication and influencing skills as well as an inquisitive nature and the courage to challenge the status quo;
- be a strong team player with a history of delivering results in a high-pressure environment;
- have strong commercial acumen and able to demonstrate experience in balancing contract risk and return, optimising financial outcomes and engaging and managing commercial business relationship and partnerships;
- have extensive experience in effective development, management and control of budgets and monthly results;
- have proven track record on driving strategic and transformational agendas and deliver meaningful improvements.
ABOUT THE REWARDS
In addition to global career development pathways you will have access to:
- Staff Discounts
- Learning Academy
- Employee Education Fund
- FB Excellence Awards