The is a fantastic opportunity to join a business going through exciting change and get into a brand new role, make it your own, influence people across the business and all with the backing of a CEO who genuinely cares about the EHS space and their people.
Your primary objective is to identify and manage the health and wellbeing risks (legal, reputation and operational) and value-add opportunities relevant to the business. To set the strategic direction, assess health and wellbeing performance and provide best practice strategic tactical and technical advice to the business from internal and external experts.
- Develop a commercially robust and proactive strategic plan for health and wellbeing across the business
- Identify value creation opportunities, marketing strategies and resource requirements; develop business cases
- Present and gain executive/board commitment to the health and wellbeing strategic direction for the business
- Develop internal and external networks and resource base to support the delivery of health and wellbeing plan across the business
- Educate, coach and influence the executive team to ensure a deep understanding of health and wellbeing issues, opportunities, risks and responsibilities
- Lead the development and delivery of appropriate health and wellbeing systems, processes standards and ensure their implementation within the business
You will have substantial (5 years +) experience in a senior management capacity, gained within a major business. Tertiary qualifications in occupational health or a related discipline, and/or additional postgraduate qualifications.
Along with your demonstrated ability to deliver key projects within complex business environments, you will be passionate about ensuring that what you deliver helps the business achieve their objectives.
This is an excellent opportunity to stamp your mark by delivering ambitious but achievable EHS outcomes for the business. In return, we offer:
- Great company culture and benefits
- On-going career development
- An attractive remuneration package.
Higgins specialises in road and infrastructure design, construction and maintenance. As a company we’ve always embraced change and are committed to providing our customers with a high level of technical expertise, project management capability and quality assurance. With over 1600 staff, the Higgins team is currently involved with some of the largest road engineering projects in New Zealand and Fiji.
If you have the experience and attitudes as mentioned above, please apply online with your CV today!