We are embarking on an exciting 2-year construction project, based in Tauranga in the beautiful Bay of Plenty. We are keen to speak with EHS professional who are eager to shift mindsets, beliefs and culture while providing our team with support.
We are seeking an experienced EHS Advisor with a positive attitude, passionate about transforming to a line-led EHS model where people are empowered and set up for success.
You will work in partnership with project management, teams and contractors, so building and maintaining trusted relationships and transparency with all levels of staff and our contractors is crucial.
As an EHS leader you will coach, guide and provide technical advice to management and contractors while having your boots on the ground to coach in the field. We want a versatile and experienced Advisor who will spend the majority of their time partnering with, providing support and coaching our site teams.
About You / The Role:
• A demonstrated ability to inspire and influence people
• 3 - 5+ years’ experience in similar role in the construction or other high-risk industry
• Ability to be an agent of cultural change and lead a modern EHS approach
• Ability to deliver user-friendly, fit for purpose EHS resources designed around frontline users
• A contemporary approach and skillset for good investigation, root cause analysis and risk management
• Strong verbal and written communication, workshop facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Sound conceptual and analytical skills, with effective problem solving and an inquisitive mind
• Sound computer experience (e.g. Microsoft, Excel, PowerPoint and other)
• Technical EHS expertise and desire to drive EHS performance improvement
• Demonstrated knowledge of legislation, its interpretation and practical application with employees
Why Join Us?
The Fletcher Construction Company is a strong family of connected businesses partnering with our customers to create places, spaces and networks that work for people. Since 1909 our people have planned, built, maintained and managed critical infrastructure and buildings to strengthen and serve our communities in New Zealand and the South Pacific. Our people enjoy career development programmes, cross-business advancement opportunities and a range of staff benefits which makes Fletcher an employer of choice
We also have a number of employee benefits that are available to permanent full-time employees – these include access to the Fletcher Building Employee Educational Fund, FBuShare our global employee share plan, discounted Southern Cross healthcare, Fletcher Building Welfare Fund, and our lucrative Fletcher Building Staff Discount Card which will give significant discounts on some of the great Fletcher Building brands.
Move to Tauranga (if you’re not already here) and soak up the lifestyle of the sunny Bay of Plenty! It has all the essentials of a vibrant city within a rural and seaside landscape.
So, if you enjoy a fast paced, challenging and complex operating environment with the opportunity to make your mark alongside great people, then this is the role for you!
Ready for the challenge and want to align your goals with ours? If so, we would love to hear from you! Click to apply online.