Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
We are seeking an Industrial Electrician to join our team based at Penny Engineering in Palmerston North. This position is critical in providing electrical services to the plant, including the installation and maintenance of industrial equipment.
You will be responsible for, troubleshooting, and providing hands on solutions for repairs and modifications, performing safety checks and inspections, providing reactive and preventive electrical maintenance and liaising with Maintenance Management to schedule planned maintenance. Additional to this you will be required to do monthly reporting and ensure spare parts and equipment are in stock and up to date.
To succeed in this role, you will have an Electrical trade qualification with at least 5-10 years’ experience within an industrial/manufacturing setting. This is a sole charge role so you will need to be self-motivated and capable of working both independently as well as part of a team. You must be able to analyse problems and implement effective solutions on a timely basis
Skills and Attributes:
• A trade qualification as an electrician and NZ registration as an electrician with a current practising licence
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in an electrical industry, at least 3 years in industrial
• Experience with LV installations
• Working knowledge of HS&E requirements
• Experienced and capable of working unsupervised
What we offer:
• Competitive package
• On-going training and development
• Fletchers Benefits programme
How to apply:
Please apply directly online with your CV today
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in NZ