Laminex New Zealand is part of Fletcher Building and a leading supplier of high-quality surface products which include well-known brands such as Formica, Melteca and particleboard. Our Taupo plant manufacturers particleboard, a sustainable building material, supplying to the NZ market. Health and Safety is ingrained in our DNA to ensure we all go home safely to our family and friends every day.
About the role
Our Taupo site is looking for a Maintenance Fitter to join our Day Crew team. Working Monday through to Friday (47.5 hrs per week) with the possibility of on call duties (rotating) at night and over the weekend. The role combines support to the operating teams with continuous improvement project work and day to day maintenance routines. Problem solving and fault finding will form part of your day to daywork load.
• 3- 5+ years’ experience as a Fitter
• Ability to prioritise work and factor commercial and health & safety requirements into maintenance plans.
• Assess and reduce hazards in the work place and complete hazard forms as require
• Strong communication skills and the ability to confidently collaborate, co-operate and share information around faults, issues and actions required with key plant stakeholders.
• * Take active responsibility and lead by example in Health & Safety guidelines and procedures.
• An ability to work autonomously and independently.
• Ability to undertake limited electrical work will be an advantage
• Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
You will have a NZ recognised mechanical trade certificate and manufacturing plant experience, a clean drivers licence and be able to either obtain or retain a fork lift “ F” endorsement.
What we offer
• Career development opportunities
• Great team culture & environment
• Full support and training
• Opportunity to gain from the many company employee benefits
If this sounds like you, please apply now! Or email your CV to email@example.com