We’ve calculated that we need a Junior Estimator with at least 3 years’ experience under their belt to support us with preparing and delivering professional quotes, compiling bid governance forms and tenders for our Branch in Palmerston North
Whether you have worked your way up from being hands on in the construction industry or you have a degree in engineering or quantity surveying; your sharp analytical skills and the ability to make quick decisions with confidence will be a must.
To do this role we have estimated that the following skills and experience will be required:
• In depth knowledge of construction methodologies.
• A comprehensive understanding of key contractual aspects of construction contracts including the conditions of tendering.
• A comprehensive understanding of cost estimations with in-depth knowledge of unit rate build-ups, measurements and take-offs
• Expert level Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
• Experience in CSS Candy or Benchmark Estimating software
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• An ability to support in the development of innovative solutions to issues that may arise
This is your chance to join a dynamic, vibrant team working on projects which will play a key role in the future of Palmerston North.
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 50 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.