Iplex Pipelines NZ is a leading manufacturer and supplier of plastic pipeline systems in New Zealand. We operate manufacturing/ distribution facilities located in Palmerston North and Christchurch with approximately 180 employees working across these sites operating on a 24/7 working cycle.
We are looking for a Qualified Maintenance Electrician to join our Manufacturing Team at our Palmerston North site.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and resourceful person to join our team of Electricians, reporting to the Services Manager. The role is responsible for carrying out work to ensure we have equipment available to our production team for 24 hour, 7 day operations. This will include carrying out planned preventative maintenance and repairs, assisting on installation and layout projects and maintaining our EHS standards.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have:
• A minimum qualification of Trade Certificate.
• Experience in Industrial 3 phase systems, electronic control systems and pneumatic systems.
• Experience with the installation and fault finding of PLCs, touch screen technology, PID temperature and pressure controllers and VSDs.
• Experience in plant maintenance, preferably in the plastics industry.
• Excellent planning and self-organisation skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Electrical drawings.
• Current Electrical registration.
Hours of work are 8am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday, with every third week being a 7 day week as well as “on call” to attend after hours break downs.
As part of Fletcher Building we offer employees a range of organisational benefits including product discounts, access to our employee education fund and a range of development programmes. We are a well-established organisation that provides a positive working environment and career development opportunities.
If you have any queries please call Jess Opai 027 234 2875