Iplex Pipelines NZ is a leading manufacturer and supplier of plastic pipeline systems in New Zealand. We operate manufacturing/ distribution facilities located in Palmerston North and Christchurch with approximately 180 employees working across these sites operating on a 24/7 working cycle.
We are looking for a Qualified Maintenance Electrician to join our Manufacturing Team at our Palmerston North site.
About the role
We want an enthusiastic and resourceful person to join our team of Electricians, reporting to the Services Manager. As our Maintenance Electrician you will be responsible for carrying out work to ensure we have equipment available to our production team for 24 hour, 7 day operations. This will include carrying out planned preventative maintenance and repairs, assisting on installation, layout projects and maintaining our EHS standards.
• Current New Zealand Electrical Registration
• Experience in Industrial 3 phase systems, electronic control systems and pneumatic systems
• Experience with the installation and fault finding of PLCs, touch screen technology, PID temperature and pressure controllers and VSDs
• Experience in plant maintenance, preferably in the plastics industry
• Excellent planning and self-organisation skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Electrical drawings
Hours of work are 8am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday, with every third week being a 7 day week as well as “on call” to attend after hours break downs
As part of Fletcher Building we offer employees a range of organisational benefits including product discounts, access to our employee education fund and a range of development programmes. We are a well-established organisation that provides a positive working environment and career development opportunities.