Rocla – A member of the Fletcher Building group and a leading Australian supplier of concrete solutions to the building and construction industry. We operate 15 manufacturing and sales facilities in major metropolitan markets and regional centres across Australia.
Having recently merged with our sister company Iplex Pipelines, together we are one of the largest Australian manufacturer and distributors of pipes, fittings and civil infrastructure solutions with a combined 176 years of experience in the industry.
We’re looking for a motivated and experienced qualified electrician to join our team in Campbellfield. You will work a rotating day and afternoon shift (fortnightly change over): 6.30am-3.30pm and 3.30pm-12am.
About the Role
As a site electrician you will be responsible for installing and maintaining the plant and equipment. You will often be the first point of call in a breakdown situation and as such will require a positive ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to think on your feet to problem solve.
- Provide efficient and effective servicing and installing of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Respond to breakdowns & repairs in a timely and efficient manner
- Using a job requisition system to carry out repairs, maintenance and modifications
- Ensure electrical standards and OH&S requirements are met
- Trouble shooting and fault finding in a range of diverse situations
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and attributes:
- Sound understanding and commitment to safety in the workplace
- Good working knowledge of mechanical and electro-mechanical applications
- PLC and AC/DC drive experience and control wiring
- Ideally some knowledge of SCADA and control system philosophy
- Current first aid and Low Voltage Rescue
- EWP High Risk Work License – Essential
- Forklift High Risk Work License – Desirable
- Exposure to safe systems of work, i.e. JSA, Risk assessments etc.
- A class qualified electrical fitter/mechanic ideally with manufacturing/industrial experience
- Intermediate computer skills
We’re a great team and promote a great team culture. We have team members who have been with us for a long time; providing their experience and knowledge of the Business to support you and ensure your success in this role. We work well together and enjoy each other’s company.
About the Rewards
As part of Rocla and the Fletcher Building Group you can expect:
- Staff Discounts – health insurance, banking, optical, travel, technology, car rental and more!
- FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work Learning Academy – an award winning learning academy supporting your career development.
- Employee Education Fund – a Private Trust Fund managed independently of Fletcher Building to provide funding for education and training to employees and their dependants.
- FB Excellence Awards – recognising, celebrating and sharing the best achievements in leadership, innovation, performance excellence and customer service.