About Laminex Australia:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home, our team spend their day designing products so that all Australians can create beautiful spaces.
The position we are ready to fill
We have recently had exciting developments with our Gympie site which has led to the creation 20 new roles as we have just signed off on our new 4th shift! We are looking for a Maintenance Fitter to join us during this great change. There is no better time to join Laminex!
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Fitter at our Gympie site. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining the plant and equipment. This will be achieved by ongoing routine maintenance and checks, identifying and attending to defective equipment and responding to mechanical breakdowns. You be part of a supportive team environment with a proactive approach to ensuring that the workforce’s health & safety is the number one priority at all times.
In this role you will:
- Provide immediate break down support
- High level of fault finding, repair and carry out maintenance on complex hydraulic and pneumatic control systems
- Exposure to Condition Monitoring techniques and Predictive Maintenance philosophies
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Ensure the plant is in good condition, cleaned and maintained.
What are we looking for?
Our dream person has the knowledge and experience but more importantly the attitude and drive. You need to be a curios self-starter, pragmatic and a composed problem solver and always live and breathe safety! This role will have you on your toes all the time with constant change so if you are someone that deals well with ambiguity, is fast paced and wants to make this role their own, this role is right up your alley.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Exposure to Condition Monitoring techniques, Predictive Maintenance philosophies, high level machining skills and a basic understanding of PLC based control systems would be advantageous.
- Strong communications skills
- An understanding and exposure to Lean Manufacturing principals would be highly regarded.
- It is essential that the successful applicant holds an appropriate mechanical qualification.
- Track record in sound planning / forecasting skills with a good understanding of CMMS – MEX preferred.
- Be a problem solver with a can do attitude.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Why should you be excited?
We are a market leader who is lead by dynamic and forward-thinking managers. With the backing of our outstanding brand and our international parent company you are offered stability, career development and the opportunity to establish and build your future.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
How to apply
Exciting opportunity, right? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.