Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
We are seeking a Manager to join our team based at Penny Engineering in Palmerston North. This position will suit an experienced Business or Department Manager looking to make their mark in a fantastic company.
You will be responsible for setting the business direction of Penny Engineering to ensure overall success. As a leader, you will grow the reputation of Penny Engineering and stay competitive in the market. Managing the team, you will provide leadership and support while maintaining existing relationships and grow new customer relationships.
To succeed in this role, you will have at least 10 years’ experience within an industrial / manufacturing setting. You will also need to have a proven track record of running a successful business with a firm and goal orientated leadership style.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong knowledge of bitumen sprayers and the mechanics of them
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in an engineering industry preferably as a business or department manager
- Track record in assisting in the running of a successful business and being accountable for P&L
- Working knowledge of HS&E requirements
- High relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to cope with changing commercial conditions
What we offer:
- Competitive package
- On-going training and development
- Fletchers Benefits programme
How to apply:
Please apply directly online with your CV today
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in NZ