A unique opportunity to join our Clever Core business and be a part of something that is really going to make some waves in the New Zealand building scene. The set-up of the Plant has now been completed and how we are looking to the next chapter as we hit our straps and charge full on into manufacturing mode.
Clever Core New Zealand is an off-site manufacturer of the structural core for residential housing. We work with architects and designers to develop plans that are compatible with our large-scale automated manufacturing process. These plans are used to manufacture closed wall panels, and floor and roof cassettes. These products are the assembled-on site by our assembly team to complete our customer offering.
While offsite manufacturing is only beginning in New Zealand, in Europe, it’s considered best practice for streamlining the production of homes as scale and pace.
We have a vision at Clever Core New Zealand, and that is to create a positive culture within our Plant, and this will be created through solid leadership and people managers that focus on bringing the right people into the business. We also want to train and develop our people to have multi discipline set of skills in our plant. We care about what we do and how we do it and this mindset is top of the list for each person we recruit into the business.
We have had an existing Manager who has completed the set-up of the plant and now that it is up and running, we are looking for a Manufacturing Manager to take us through into this next phase of the business – production, production, production! We will need this person to have the confidence to provide operational leadership to the plant staff, which includes a team of approximately 20 operators, Production Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor, contractors, Health & Safety QA Advisor. We are looking for someone who can work collaboratively to delivery on time and to budget a fully functional manufacturing plant. As the production volumes increase, so may the volume of staff, so you will also be involved with the recruitment and selection of staff and contractors.
We have a full position description that sets out all the details of the role, so please do get in touch if you would like a copy of this, or any further information.
- Must be able to demonstrate production management experience in a manufacturing environment, we are not producing a single product but solution, the structural core of a home assembled on site.
- Must be a champion of zero harm safety for employees
- Must be able to demonstrate where you have successfully implemented or embedded successful manufacturing excellence processes.
- Active role model of the Fletcher Building Vision and Values: Be bold, play fair, better every day, customer leading.
- Outstanding people leadership skills
- Exception customer focus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Planning/production scheduling tools and methodologies
- Budgeting principles
- Project management
- Operational management experience
- Knowledge of industrial relations, safety, health, environmental legislation requirements
Applications should be made by submitting a CV and letter outlining your interest, motivation and what you would bring to this role by way of background, experience and fit for the role and our team. Please apply on line.