We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a National Health & Safety Manager at Brian Perry Civil to be at the forefront of ensuring that our people, the public and the environment are safe and free from harm.
You will provide clarity, leadership, direction, planning and control of health and safety management across Brian Perry Civil, develop and drive strong health and safety culture across Brian Perry Civil and apply business project methodology to drive successful health and safety outcomes whilst ensuring that changes are embedded into the business.
Key accountabilities include:
• Implementing HSE strategy with senior leadership to ensure BPC achieves its growth targets, underpinned by an enhanced culture of safety and environmental best practice
• Delivery of identified practices and procedures through supporting, mentoring and coaching management and key stakeholders
• Ensuring the business is compliant with current legislation and existing best industry practice
• Overseeing all reporting and HSE systems that highlight Company performance, efficiency and progress against targets
• Direct and indirect leadership of HSE staff across the business
The key skills and experience you will need to succeed in this role include:
• Demonstrated experience at a senior level (preferably in the construction or similar industry) of achieving HSE excellence through strategic change, ideally 10 years’ experience minimum.
• Excellent knowledge of the New Zealand legislative environment including HSE, ACC and HSNO and industry guidelines and standards
• Tertiary qualified with a specialist HSE qualification preferred
• High level communications skills with an influencing, coaching emphasis
• Flexible and resilient approach with the ability to travel and be based away from home when required
What we offer:
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for safety professionals at Fletcher Building and we are looking for future leaders to join our teams!
FB is embarking on a multi-year, safety change programme to take our safety programme (Protect) to world-class levels in terms of safety culture, capability and critical risk management. To do this, we have partnered with Dupont Sustainable Solutions (DSS). DSS is a world leader in safety culture and operational excellence with over 50 years’ experience in helping organisations improve operational effectiveness and capabilities through world-class thinking such as the Dupont-Bradley Curve. As a safety professional, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from the best in the business and join a leadership team that is committed to redefining how we do safety in NZ and Australia.
Brian Perry Civil is a leading and award-winning New Zealand contractor. As part of the overall Fletcher Building Group, we undertake a wide range of civil construction projects throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific with specialities including foundation and piling works.
At Brian Perry Civil you will enjoy the benefits and recognition of working for a well-respected business unit within the Fletcher Building Group. Along with a competitive remuneration package, this opportunity will also be an ideal platform for high performers to be ‘seen’ within the group.
For your opportunity to make it with Brian Perry Civil, please click apply now.
Click apply now to showcase your skills and carve out a rewarding career path with Brian Perry Civil. For a confidential discussion or to request a position description please contact Jeanette Herbst on Jeanette.firstname.lastname@example.org