Reporting to the Contracts Manager we have a role with a difference and a fair amount of variety thrown in. Note that this role is primarily based within the council offices, working with council staff, while still contributing to the success of the Higgins Waipa team
You will be responsible for planning and delivering network inspections on approximately 1200 kilometres of roading within the Waipa Region
So, what does a typical day look like?
There is no such thing as a “typical day” that’s where the variety comes in but what you will be doing is the following:
• Carrying out network inspections in accordance with the network inspection programme
• Identifying defects and issues resulting from inspections and logging them into RAMM Contractor database
• Inspections of assets to help ensure OPM compliance
• Assisting in programming of work arising from inspections & network observations
• Responding to and programming works as a result of customer requests (CRM’s)
If this sounds like you then we would like you to get in touch. You will also bring with you the following skills and experience:
• You will also need an eye for detail, a methodological and organised approach and a commitment to quality of service.
• A strong focus on Clients and relationships
• A strong focus on cost control and quality outcomes.
• Full clean Class 1 New Zealand Driver’s License
• Strong focus on health and safety not just your own but your colleagues and the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
Higgins are a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path building tomorrows New Zealand with people at the heart of what we do every day.
As part of the wider Fletcher Construction Group, we offer an Employee Welfare Fund, Share Scheme and an Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach educational aspirations. A career with Higgins can lead to opportunities for career development in the wider Fletcher Building business.
As an organisation we are passionate about the safety of our people and would expect you to be committed to a safety-first culture and be able to demonstrate this with your Team and join them on this journey
How to Apply:
Ready for the challenge and want to align your goals with ours? If so, we would love to hear from you! Please apply directly online
Higgins: Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga