Rocla - A member of the Fletcher Building group is a leading Australian supplier of concrete solutions to the building and construction industry. Having recently merged with our sister company Iplex Pipelines, together we are one of the largest Australian suppliers of pipes, fittings and civil infrastructure solutions with a combined 176 years' of experience and a national footprint that can manufacture and distribute in all states.
About the role -
We are currently searching for a highly capable Operations Manager at our our Cairns manufacturing and distribution site. In this rewarding role, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing all production and distribution activities, through effective leadership of direct reports, meeting performance targets whilst ensuring all aspects of EH&S are met.
- Providing overall leadership, direction and management to the Cairns facility, and ensuring all aspects of the Operational Scorecard are balanced and achieved.
- Providing behavioural safety leadership and direction to achieve and sustain Zero Harm. You will ensure the environmental compliance, health, safety and well-being of all employees, contractors and visitors are managed to the standards defined by the Company.
- Creating and implementing operational plans maximising the resources available (employees, capital and assets), which maximise the long-term profitability and sustainability of Rocla.
- Managing and maintaining supplier and customer relationships to the benefit of organisational goals including the delivery of the annual budget for the site.
About you –
Key to your success will be your ability to provide quality leadership and management excellence to inspire, motivate and empower staff to achieve a high performance culture. The ideal candidate will have the following skills/ experience:
- Commercial experience gained in a competitive manufacturing environment is seen as the minimum required.
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated personnel management skills at shop floor level, and staff development skills within a robust IR environment
- Demonstrated practical experience and understanding of concrete manufacturing and Quality Assurance Procedures is desirable
- Strong leadership skills, with a proven track record in coaching individuals and developing teams to achieve organisational objectives
- Excellent computer literacy and ability to utilise Iplex Standard Operating Environment Software (e.g. Microsoft Word / Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, JD Edwards etc.).
Fletcher Building & Our Benefits
Our Australian division employs over 5,500 people across manufacturing, distribution, sales and retail sites across Australia. We understand that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to invest in building engaged and effective teams who deliver great results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
- Exciting business offering stability, career progression and flexibility.
- Employee Education Fund – funding for further education & courses.
- Staff Discounts – generous discounts within the Fletcher Building group.
- Learning Academy – an award winning learning academy supporting your career development.
- FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work.
- Our businesses! Laminex Australia, Iplex Pipelines, Fletcher Insulation, Tradelink, Oliveri, Stramit, Rocla and Australian Construction Products.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.