We are excited to commence the search for a strong people manager with a solid technical background to lead the LPM (Low-Pressure Melamine) and Finishing, Operations Team at our particleboard manufacturing plant situated in Dardanup, in the South-West of Western Australia. If you have a passion for Manufacturing leadership this role could be for you.
In this role your responsibility includes but are not limited to:
- Coach, develop, train and motivate the Operations team including Production and Reliability team members through regular feedback and participation in toolbox meetings, open communication and priority setting.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement (Manufacturing Excellence) in, safety, quality, and productivity, to ensure that all operational metrics are achieved on a journey to achieve world-class manufacturing practices.
- Actively involved in the formation and implementation of capital projects to align to longer-term strategic goals to sustain and improve the Laminex Dardanup operation.
- Work closely with other leaders as a member of the Site Leadership team maintaining a high level of cooperation and flexibility to deliver the sites annual plan.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Leadership experience in a Manufacturing environment ideally 24/7 high-volume, large scale industrial production environment.
- Proven people’s management and emotional agility skills to be able to engage with the team members to coach and develop them for the benefit of the Laminex Dardanup operation.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of people, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven continuous improvement skills and ability to prepare strategies and conjure ideas that will assist with the sites longer-term economics targets and goals.
Laminex is a leader in the decorative surfaces industry in Australia; we manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers. We pride ourselves on quality and design. We believe that good design enables good living and our ambition is to make design accessible for every Australian.
Together we are part of Fletcher Building Group, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier. We employ 5,500 people across our Australian division; we know that our people are our greatest asset and we continue to promote engaged and effective teams who deliver exceptional results for our customers, we are guided by our four core values – protect, be bold, customer leading and better together.