We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home, our team spend their day designing products so that all Australians can create beautiful spaces.
We are seeking to appoint an Production Supervisor to join our Monkland team. Reporting to the Production Manager and working extremely closely with both our Maintenance Manager and Production staff the key aspect of this role will be responsible for the operational effectiveness of the site. Where you will build a performance culture with service excellence and ensure a committed approach to Health & Safety.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Managing the operational effectiveness of the Production Lines through systems and procedures development and conformance, operator training and development, problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Partnering with the Production Manager, Maintenance Manager and Process Control Coordinator to ensure the area delivers its business plan and targets.
- Fostering day to day and longer-term initiatives to continuously improve safety, quality, resource and materials utilisation, environmental standards, and staff skills & competencies. This is done through our Operational Excellence program of continuous improvement.
This position will require the selected person to act as a coach and mentor for production staff, calling on their knowledge of plant processes while being responsible for regular audits and ensuring EHS standards are upheld. This position is considered a bench strength role in the organization, therefor your potential for development into future roles is a key characteristic we are looking for in the successful candidate.
This position will be about your ability to influence, communicate and drive operational excellence. While leveraging off your experience in a previous environment to implement new and beneficial strategies across your area.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- A degree in Engineering being essential
- Solid background and experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
- Strong process knowledge in the manufacturing industry
- Experience in continuous 24/7 manufacturing plant(s)
- High literacy & communication skills.
- Previous experience in managing & coordinating a multi-disciplined workforce - trades, process operators and technical support.
- Formal qualification’s in health, safety and environmental or demonstrated experience in health, safety and environmental implementation and monitoring - desirable
This opportunity lends itself to an individual who is ready to join a fast paced and agile environment that is led by an experienced and supportive leadership team. When you join our business, and in particular this site, you become a member of a community where our people come first, and we all have a common goal to excel at what we do.
Working from beautiful Gympie, recently awarded one of the Top Regional Towns in Australia you will be immersed in our wonderful landscapes and only a short drive from the gorgeous Sunshine Coast, Noosa and surrounds.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for Apply Today.