Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
A Payroll Administrator role has arisen in our Christchurch team, so we are looking for someone who is highly motivated and has experience working in a payroll administration role.
It is an autonomous role which liaises on a regular basis with Group Payroll and Human Resources to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll information.
- Ensure all employee timesheets (leave, overtime, allowances and coding) are checked by line managers, signed, authorised and entered into the payroll system
- Process weekly temp agency timesheets, including recording to projects in the accounting system
- Data entry of labour and plant hours into the accounting system
- Ensure all leave taken is authorised before being processed and recorded in the payroll system
- Collate information and documentation relating to any changes in the weekly payroll
- Provide the Branch Accountant with payroll records for authorisation for payment each week
- Assist in the issuing of staff purchase orders and control of staff debtor accounts
- Provide timely and accurate responses to payroll queries and information requests
- Assist the accounts payable team and perform other administrative tasks when necessary
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 2 years payroll experience, processing large weekly payrolls in a New Zealand environment
- Experience with Payroll systems (Leader desirable) and familiarity with Microsoft Office package
- Fast and accurate keyboarding skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Action oriented – makes things happen, has an ability to learn quickly and be able to build rapport and relationships easily.
- Ability to take ownership of a task and be self-managing whilst being calm under pressure
- Competitive Salary
- On-going training and development
- Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes.
How to Apply
Click on the apply button