We understand that our people are our greatest asset and though the hard work, ingenuity, and commitment of our 5,600+ employees across the Fletcher Building Australian division, we will achieve our business goals and deliver shareholder value. You may recognise some of our amazing brands like, Tradelink, Oliveri, Iplex, Rocla, Stramit, Laminex and Fletcher Insulation.
About the opportunity
We have an opportunity for a Payroll Officer to join an experienced and supportive Payroll team. Processing payroll for our Australia divisions, you enjoy structure and be driven to deliver high quality work and an eye for detail.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will use Chris21 to run payroll; responsible for the timely and accurate processing of monthly payrolls and associated reporting and have some experience interpreting awards and enterprise agreements.
Although you will be following current guidelines and processes, we encourage and support continuous improvement and will have a genuine opportunity to share your ideas with a collaborative team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- CHRIS21 experience (advantage) or use of similar systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated priorities management and problem solving capability
- Proven ability to manage workload in order to meet timescales
- Proficient user of MS Office (including Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Understand or be able to interpret a variety of awards/EBA agreements
Why join Fletcher Building?
- Career Opportunities – with operations in Europe, Asia, The Americas, Australasia and the South Pacific, there’s a world of opportunities waiting for you at Fletcher Building!
- Staff Discounts – huge discounts across the Fletcher Building group of businesses, in addition to discounts on health insurance, banking, optical, travel, technology, car rental and more through our internal perks program!
- FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work
- Learning Academy – an award winning learning academy supporting your career development
- Employee Education Fund – a Private Trust Fund managed independently of Fletcher Building to provide funding for tertiary education and training to employees and their dependants
- FB Excellence Awards – recognising, celebrating and sharing the best achievements in leadership, innovation, performance excellence and customer service
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.