The Fletcher Construction Company (FCC) currently operates throughout New Zealand and the Pacific Islands with over 4,000 employees across the division. As a market leader in the delivery of major engineering and construction projects, the Company has successfully operated for over 100 years in New Zealand. This is an exciting time to join the Buildings business unit and be part of the repositioning in the vertical construction market as the contractor of choice. As a people focused business, we are looking differently at how we invest in our people and systems to support the business strategy going forward. Due to a relocation, we are looking for an experienced HR practioner to be part of this exciting journey.
About the Role
The key focus of this role is to provide practical, expert ‘people’ focused advice and support to the Buildings business unit, and to ensure that effective people strategies, plans and objectives are adopted via leadership and throughout their teams.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Contribute to the success of increasing leadership capability, development and effectiveness across teams
- Provide information, support, feedback, coaching and development to enable team members to perform to their maximum potential
- Ensure effective on-boarding, induction and assimilation of new talent into the business
- Co-develop and communicate career paths within teams and projects to enable career progression
- Assist with workforce planning activities within teams and projects
- Work in partnership with the Talent Acquisition team to manage the recruitment and induction process for teams and projects, ensuring the delivery of a high performing pipeline of talent into the workplace and wider industry
- Ensure effective execution of Performance Management Processes (including goal setting, reviews mid-year/year end reviews, calibration and management of poor performance situations as they arise)
- Management of employment relations matters and disputes including IR/ER negotiations, change management, disciplinary processes, terminations and grievances as necessary
- Participate in business unit and divisional projects as required by the P&P Manager and Buildings Leadership team.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as an HR generalist
- Tertiary qualification in HR or related field or qualified by experience
- Familiarity working in a construction/project environment and an understanding of alliances, partnerships and joint ventures ideal but not essential
- Strong influencer with proven experience in managing relationships and developing and maintaining personal credibility with key stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of core HR people processes (e.g. performance management, talent management) and their application/use as levers for driving business performance
- Practical knowledge of employment legislation and sound employment relations experience
You will be joining a driven and engaging team at an exciting time in the evolution of our business - this is a key pillar to our future success.
Want to be part of it? Click Apply now to showcase your skills and carve out a rewarding career path with The Fletcher Construction Company.