Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
Our Frame & Truss Plant in Wiri continuously strive to provide the best when it comes to our building and trade customer base, ensuring that orders are manufactured and delivered on time. Reporting into the Production Manager, we require an experienced maintenance engineer to conduct the maintenance and repair programmes ensuring the plant runs at full capacity with minimal disruption. This is a full-time role working 5am – 2.30pm that will also require you to be on-call after hours.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to -
- Ensure all machinery and tools are well maintained
- Coordinate all necessary parts required for machinery and install these adhering to company standards
- Updating the maintenance register on a daily basis
- Assist with development of new machinery before releasing to production
- Respond to breakdowns as required
You’re an experienced maintenance operator/engineer that communicates well at all levels and understands system controls. Your time management and planning skills are second to none and when the heat is on, you are cool, calm and collected while still keeping health & safety at the forefront. Alongside this, you also possess the following –
- Take active responsibility and lead by example in Health & Safety guidelines and procedures
- 5+ years’ experience in machinery maintenance
- Strong communication skills and the ability to confidently collaborate and share information around faults, issues and actions required with key stakeholders
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
What can we offer you?
Here at PlaceMakers, we have a dynamic and fun team culture and there are plenty of opportunities to bring your own ideas to the table! You will be offered on-site parking, a competitive salary package and a range of benefits that come with being part of PlaceMakers and the wider Fletcher Building Group.
To express interest, please apply now and we will be back in touch soon!
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including drug test is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.