We have a long and proud history and are an integral part of Australia’s building and construction landscape.
Our steel products are manufactured in Australia and are used in domestic houses, sheds and carports, as well as large commercial and industrial buildings. We sell a range of quality roofing and rainwater products, cladding, doors, purlins, structural formwork and home improvement solutions.
We service our business-to-business and consumer customers from 20 office locations under the Stramit, Taurean, Fair Dinkum Sheds, Shed Boss, and SOL Home Improvements brands.
As a member of the global $9 billion Fletcher Building Group, Stramit provides you with a rewarding and diverse career, great learning and development opportunities, and generous staff discounts to name just a few benefits.
About the role
This dual responsibility role will not only manage the production team on a daily basis, ensuring customer needs are met, but also the coordination of the continuous improvement at site - delivering training, process improvement and a focus on improvement around safety, costs, quality and customer experience.
To be successful you will have:
- Experience in manufacturing operations
- Demonstrated ability to lead a high performing production team at a site level
- LEAN Manufacturing experience
- Ability to drive change and communicate change effectively to the team
- Bachelor degree qualifications – Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Excellent computer skills – including M/S Office
About the rewards
With operations in Europe, Asia, The Americas, Australasia and the South Pacific, there’s a world of opportunities waiting for you at Fletcher Building. In addition to global career development pathways you will have access to:
- Staff Discounts – generous discounts within the Fletcher Building group in addition to discounts on health insurance, banking, optical, travel, technology, car rental and more through our internal perks program!
- FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work
- Learning Academy – an award winning learning academy supporting your career development
- Employee Education Fund – a Private Trust Fund managed independently of Fletcher Building to provide funding for education and training to employees
- FB Excellence Awards – recognising, celebrating and sharing the best achievements in leadership, innovation, performance excellence and customer service
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.