We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager to join us at our plant in Orange, NSW.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and leading the production and loading team in order to meet the requirements of safety, customer service and business plan objectives.
You will liaise with our external transport providers in order to maximise our customer service level. You will also be proactive in recommending and implementing improvement initiatives, and ensuring housekeeping and safety standards are of the highest standard.
Our ideal individual will have the following skills and experience:
- Effective leadership skills including coaching individuals and developing teams in a manufacturing environment
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude
- Demonstrated understanding of planning procedures and transport allocation methods
- Excellent safety leadership, and commitment to instilling these values in your team
- Ability to identify weaknesses in manufacturing operations and recommend action plans
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to make decisions, multi-task and work under pressure to deadlines
- Results orientated, with effective planning and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A fitter machinist trade background would be advantageous
Stramit Building Products is a leading Australian manufacturer of steel building products including roofing, walling, gutters and fascia, purlins, flooring, structural formwork and roller doors. Stramit also owns three distribution and franchise businesses in the pre-engineered building market including Fair Dinkum Sheds, ShedBoss, and SOL Home Improvements.
Together, we are part of the Fletcher Building Group. Our Australian division employs over 5,500 people across manufacturing, distribution, sales and retail sites across Australia. We understand that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to invest in building engaged and effective teams who deliver great results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
If you want to work within a collaborative, results-focused environment with a strong team spirit, and you have the above experience, please apply today! We offer a supportive working environment and a great career development platform, both within Stramit and across the wider Fletcher Building Group.