Stramit Building Products, part of the Fletcher Building group is a leading Australian manufacturer of steel building products including roofing, walling, gutters and fascia, purlins, flooring, structural formwork and roller doors. Stramit also owns three distribution and franchise businesses in the pre-engineered building market including Fair Dinkum Sheds, ShedBoss, and SOL Home Improvements.
We currently have a vacancy for a Production Manager at our plant in Queanbeyan. In this role you will be responsible for developing and leading the production and loading team in order to meet the requirements of Safety, Customer Service and Business plan objectives, in an environment that promotes Operational Excellence, continuous improvement, professionalism and innovation to maximise company profits and reduce costs.
You will also work closely with our external transport provider to maximise the level of customer service. You will be proactive in recommending and implementing improvement initiatives and ensuring housekeeping and safety standards are of the highest level.
Our ideal individual will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a manufacturing environment, with knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Strong Mechanical and technical aptitude (a Fitter Machinist trade would be advantageous)
- Extensive understanding of planning procedures and transport allocation methods
- Strong Safety focus with a preventative/proactive approach and the ability to manage any OH&S issues to resolution
- Effective leadership skills including coaching individuals and developing teams to achieve organisational objectives
- Consultative hands on approach with a diverse workforce
- Good computer literacy, proficient in MS Office suite
What’s in it for you?
- Work-life balance – Queanbeyan location
- Free parking on site – Ample staff parking available on site
- Employee Discounts – Access a range of products and services inhouse as well as health, optical, IT, Sports
- FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work
- Learning Academy – an award-winning learning academy supporting your career development
- Career Progression – We are part of the Fletcher Building group with more than 5,500 people across Australia
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Please note: Our recruitment process will include a video & phone screen and a formal interview. The successful candidates also will be required to undergo a medical and drug / alcohol assessment and will be able to demonstrate unlimited working rights in Australia.