An unprecedented opportunity to get in on the ground floor and be involved in a business that is making waves in the New Zealand building scene. The set-up of the plant is complete, we have a fabulous team in place and production has been growing for several months. We’ve developed a unique system for assembling the structural core of a home in as little as a day! We’re now taking production to the next level and we need more “Clever” team members to help lead our business to even greater success.
Clever Core is New Zealand’s largest purpose-designed, off-site manufacturer of the structural core for residential housing. We work with architects and designers to develop plans that are compatible with our large-scale automated manufacturing process. These plans are used to manufacture fully clad, insulated closed wall panels and floor and roof cassettes, which are then assembled on-site by our assembly team to complete our customer offering. While offsite manufacturing is relatively new to New Zealand, it’s already considered best practice for streamlining the production of homes at scale and pace in the European and North American markets.
We have a vision at Clever Core, and that is to create a positive culture through solid leadership and people managers that focus on bringing the right people into the business. We also want to train and develop our people to have a multi-discipline set of skills. We care about what we do and how we do it and this mindset is top of the list for each person we recruit into the business.
About the Role
This is a hands-on role working within the production team to manufacture products in line with the planned production schedule. The role involves setting up and operating computer-controlled machines used to cut and assemble timber framing as well as installing plumbing, insulation, windows and wall lining. You’ll closely monitor set quality standards and accurately complete paperwork to record finished product output, material use, scrap and stoppage time. The facility and its equipment have been designed so that no heavy lifting is required which means it can be used by people of varying physical strength. The days of work are Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4pm.
We’re looking for physically fit, energetic people with a mechanical aptitude who love working in a busy, hands-on role. There will be a lot of training and induction, particularly in Environment, Health & Safety, so you will need to have the ability to take on information and instructions and quickly put them into practice.
The successful applicant requires:
- Previous experience operating machinery within a manufacturing environment
- Building and carpentry skills and the ability to properly use and maintain tools
- Knowledge of building methods and materials and the ability to read and interpret shop drawings and architectural plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of verbal and written communication
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An understanding and awareness of workplace health and safety regulations
- National Certificate in either Frame and Truss Manufacture, Competitive Manufacturing, Carpentry or similar will be highly regarded
You will need to:
- Be eligible to work and live in New Zealand
- Pass a Pre-Employment medical & Drug + Alcohol Test
- Pass a Criminal Check
Applications should be made by submitting a CV and cover letter outlining your interest, motivation and what you would bring to this role by way of background, experience and fit for the role and our team. Please apply online.