Whilst you can still apply for this role, please note it’s not actively being recruited due to the control measures in place to stop the spread of Covid-19. However as soon as recruitment resumes, we’ll be in touch.
Join the Puhoi to Warkworth Road Construction Project as a Project Engineer working with either Civil or Pavement teams to get the road to completion by October 2021. As Project Engineer you will, plan, organise and control designated package of works during the construction phase.
• Work with Section Manager in project planning; including construction programme, work methods, procurement, quality assurance and budgets.
• Support the Section Manager and maintain effective communication with site teams, liaising with team members to achieve project objectives.
• Provide cost effective and innovative solutions to technical and temporary works requirements.
• Review contract documents and understand drawings and specifications and communicate requirements to site staff.
• Plan, control and monitor procurement of all materials required for the completion of the project.
• Oversee quality assurance activities onsite including inspection, testing and maintaining appropriate records. Champion site safety and environmental best practice.
• A tertiary qualification in civil engineering, CPEng recommended
• At least 5 years relevant experience in the construction industry and civil engineering; a significant part of that experience should be on construction sites responsible for the construction planning and engineering control of project works
• Detailed construction planning, quality assurance and control experience, an understanding of temporary and permanent works engineering design to assist in the development of construction methodologies
• Strong skills in communication, planning, organisation, management of labour and materials, and budget control
• Developing skills in areas ‘beyond engineering’, i.e. client management, marketing, estimating, stakeholder management, and communications
What’s on Offer:
• Access to training & development opportunities across Fletcher Building.
• Work on one of New Zealand’s most iconic projects.
• Work for one of New Zealand’s most well-known and respected brands!
The Fletcher Construction Company is a leading general contractor, delivering a wide range of projects. The Puhoi to Warkworth Project is part of NZTA’s Roads of National Significance Programme. The project will extend the four-lane Northern Motorway (SH1) 18.5km from Johnstone’s Hill tunnels to just north of Warkworth. The project is the first stage of the Ara Tuhono – Puhoi to Wellsford Road of National Significance.