Higgins specialises in road and infrastructure design, construction and maintenance. As a company we’ve always embraced change and are committed to providing our customers with a high level of technical expertise, project management capability and quality assurance. With over 1600 staff, the Higgins team is currently involved with some of the largest road engineering projects in New Zealand and Fiji
We are looking for an experienced QA Site Engineer to join our exciting new project at Waverley Wind Farm, Taranaki.
As well as being part of an awesome team, you will:
- Assist in the development of work plans and JSEA’s in consultation with Project Engineer, Foreman and work team.
- Monitor and control the execution of the works to ensure it is constructed in accordance with drawings, specifications and HSEQ requirements.
- Provide effective support to the Project Engineer and maintain open communication between Alliance teams and subcontractors.
- Track expenditure vs budget for labour, plant and material costs and update cost to completion forecasts monthly.
- Carry out quality control inspections, witness points and QA documentation as required by the work plan. Ensuring any defects and non-conformances are costed and closed out in a timely manner.
- A positive, can-do attitude, in line with Higgins’ values
- Hold a relevant civil engineering qualification, with at least 3+ years of New Zealand site experience on a large civil infrastructure project.
- Display strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and the ability to work as part of a diverse team
What’s on Offer:
- Access to training & development opportunities across the Fletcher Building group.
- Great team and work environment
- Work for one of New Zealand’s most well-known and respected brands
If you have the skills and attributes mentioned above, please apply online with a CV today!