Quality isn’t just a word in your job title – it’s something that defines you and dictates what you look for when choosing your next career step. The good news is that quality is something that’s very important to us throughout our organisation.
This is a key National role for someone with a strong track record in developing and delivering strategic initiatives. It also provides the opportunity to support and train those responsible for quality on our projects and to undertake activities such as monitoring, auditing and reporting upon which strategic initiatives can then be developed.
It goes without saying that systems and documentation are second nature to you, but what will make you stand out will be your ability to influence behaviour change, gain commitment, build capability and ensure our people are reporting properly – ‘quality in means quality out’.
These will be your key areas of responsibility:
• Develop and deliver strategic initiatives to improve quality control methods
• Champion and promote a positive quality culture, while providing steadfast leadership, engineering solutions, training, insights and quality systems development that promotes the reduction of rework, improvements to company systems and processes and successful delivery of projects as critical success factors of the business unit
• Facilitate and lead effective working relationships around QA between the design, construction, and quality and project system teams
• To monitor the operation of our systems and processes, including evaluating feedback on the implementation into projects to support and enable continuous improvement
• To manage/facilitate all internal and external quality and systems related auditing requirements
We believe that these are the ‘must-haves’ in order to be successful in this role:
• Experience working on various sizes of civil, infrastructure or structural projects or have equivalent experience in a Quality Manager role
• Qualified Engineer or equivalent, with at least 5 years in a similar role
• Experience in set-up, execution or close-out of projects is an advantage
• Genuine passion for quality, and a commitment to championing a positive quality culture
• Strong, clear communication skills that can be applied across a range of people
• Full NZ Driver’s Licence is required
• Flexibility to travel to site in other regions (Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Wellington & Christchurch)
Make a difference to our business and advance your career. At Brian Perry Civil you will enjoy the benefits and recognition of working for a well-respected business unit within the Fletcher Building Group. Along with a competitive remuneration package, this opportunity will also be an idea platform for high performers to be ‘seen’ within the group.
Brian Perry Civil is a leading and award-winning New Zealand contractor. As part of the overall Fletcher Building Group, we undertake a wide range of civil construction projects throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific with specialities including foundation and piling works.
For your opportunity to make it with Brian Perry Civil, please click apply now.
If this sound like your next career move – either apply now or contact Jeanette Herbst on 09 525 9257 to learn more.